Who we are
GumshoePress is a NYC-based publisher specializing in children’s fiction that offers positive, enriching stories featuring a diverse spectrum of characters who live beyond stereotypes. We publish stories that intrigue and entertain young readers by weaving science, travel, history, and principled-living into adventures parents approve, teachers value, and kids love.
What we do
With a mission to engage, entertain, and empower, we publish stories that aim to:
- Carry young minds on voyages of mystery, intrigue, and delight
- Encourage readers to imagine fantastic possibilities
- Weave math, science, and historical concepts in each adventure
- Teach lessons of personal strength, courage, wisdom, and community
GumshoePress focuses on sustainable, renewable business practices with our print books.
Why it matters
According to the National Math and Science Initiative (NMSI) the number of students who are prepared to take rigorous college courses in math and science and are equipped for careers in those fields is declining. Parents can make a difference by:
- Creating opportunities of interest—Introducing students to information that supports their interest in math and science
- Using home and leisure activities as teachable moments through books, visits to museums, nature centers, and other locations that spark ideas and exploration
- Turning online and video game time into educational opportunities by encouraging kids to learn about the science behind the technology
To flourish in the 21st century, the United States must continue to generate intellectual capital that can drive the economic engine of our future prosperity. There are three principal means of acquiring knowledge… observation of nature, reflection, and experimentation. Observation collects facts; reflection combines them; experimentation verifies the result of that combination.Denis Diderot